Jim Pascarell – President/CEO
Jim Pascarell is a driving force behind delivering best-in-class connectivity and fiber optic transceiver solutions that help solve customer challenges. His career in technology is highlighted by providing cost-effective solutions that has led to long-lasting customer and partner relationships and rapid sales growth.
As President and Chief Executive Officer, he strives to ensure that every department runs flawlessly and focuses on removing obstacles so that the Pivotal team can exceed customer expectations.
- Jim brings over 25 years’ experience building high-growth technology enterprises including the last 10 focused in the fiber optic industry. He drive’s the company’s corporate growth strategy including sales and partner acquisition, facility expansion and governance, and production efficiencies.
- He served as President of Integra Optics and Nfrastructure, and sat on the executive leadership team of Infinite Electronics. Other companies he’s overseen include CedarCrestone, CMA, Renaissance Worldwide, and The Hunter Group. He also worked at AT&T for multiple years.
- Jim is known for growing companies; he has overseen multiple company expansions that best serve customer needs.
When he takes a break from his everyday responsibilities at Pivotal, Jim enjoys working outdoors, golfing, hiking and spending time with family. Jim is also an adjunct professor and provides mentorship to college and MBA students.
Tom Adamec – Chief Financial Officer
Tom Adamec is responsible for assisting with the development of financial growth strategies and capital allocation planning, in addition to overseeing accounting, finance and treasury activities.
- Tom brings structure and discipline to Pivotal’s resource planning and manufacturing processes, maintaining competitive pricing and inventory levels for the customers we serve.
- Tom has over 25 years of experience (including the last 10 in the fiber optic industry) in accounting and corporate finance for companies ranging from start-ups to publicly traded industry leaders, and he’s led organizations’ financial and administrative operations from infancy to exits. Tom ran his own consulting firm and was a member of the financial management teams at Integra Optics, Sprint, Integrated Alarm, and United Road Services.
- Tom has applied his strengths in planning and analysis, cash management and financial modeling to help Pivotal become a leading choice among some of the world’s largest enterprises, telcos, data centers, government entities, and universities.
In his downtime, Tom enjoys spending time with his wife and son; fishing, golfing, and family gatherings. He also “dabbles at wine making,” a hobby he’s pursued for over 20 years.
Tony Riccio – Executive VP, Sales
As Executive Vice President of Sales, Tony is 100% focused on solving and providing solutions to all customers. He is manically driven to provide the highest quality solutions at the most efficient costs to exceed customer expectations. His background in engineering and networks allows him to provide valuable insight to Pivotal customers and organizations looking for in a true value add optics partner.
- At a prior Optics Provider, Tony ran Global Sales. He exceeded growth targets and customer acquisition on an annual basis every year due to his customer centric approach.
- As Senior Vice President of nfrastructure (a network technology company), in addition to sales, he developed and ran the company’s product and technology division where he executed on the OEM reseller partnership strategy and developed deep relationships with a portfolio of OEMs to align the company vision with customers’ requirements.
- Tony also worked for 10 years as a sales consultant for IBM and Juniper Networks, where he gained expertise in delivering global network solutions to large-scale providers and enterprises.
When Tony’s not traveling for business or pleasure, he enjoys spending time with family, playing golf, and hiking. He’s also an avid New York Yankees and NY Giants fan.
Jon Zatlokowicz – Director of Engineering
As the Director of Engineering, Jon is responsible for bringing Pivotal’s product lines and our customers together. His 10 years of optics experience combined with 23 years in the Navy makes him a valuable asset when assisting the sales team and working directly with our customers to ensure we exceed all expectations.
- In addition to Jon’s military background, he has been working in the optics space for the last 10 years in various capacities from sales engineering, developing product lines, and working with contract manufacturers. This has allowed him to understand the complete product life cycle and what is needed in our customers networks.
- His understanding of networks allows Jon to help customers with their designs to ensure they are best utilizing the fiber they have or will be using. He also is very knowledgeable in the passives space and has helped customers with their designs to alleviate any fiber constraints.
- Jon’s Navy Nuclear Engineering training has helped Pivotal implement stringent testing and quality procedures to make sure we are only using top manufacturers and all products coming in and going out of Pivotal meet our tight requirements to prevent field failures.
When Jon is not thinking about Pivotal Optics he enjoys spending time with family and friends. He truly enjoys construction projects and has built his own cabin in the Adirondack Mountains. Lets go Cubs!!!!
Ryan Soler – Senior Optic Engineer
As senior Optic Engineer, Ryan focuses on current and evolving optical transceiver technologies. He has 10 years of experience working specifically with optical transceivers determining customer needs and developing compatible solutions for their network. He is always willing to spend as much time as needed with customers and prospects to ensure that they are getting the best solutions and operating in the most efficient manner.
- Ryan works directly with our suppliers to certify and troubleshoot both current and new transceivers, ensuring we don’t run into supply issues as well as keeping our product line up to date with the industry and being in direct alignment with customers and organization needs.
- He has worked with numerous vendors equipment to verify our products’ compatibility. He supports Pivotal customers both remotely and at their sites by providing solutions they may not be aware of to make their installations smooth and their inventories clean.
- Before joining Pivotal Ryan worked as the lead development sales engineer for another optic company providing constant customer support.
When Ryan is not testing new products or supporting our sales team/customers directly he enjoys spending time with his family, video games, tabletop games, golfing in the summer, and snowboarding in the winter.
Dave Almaviva – Sales Director
As Sales Director, David Almaviva spends his time focusing on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations.
He brings value to our customers by providing crucial information on upcoming technologies and market trends to ensure our customers success in and ever evolving industry. With an extreme focus on customer success, Dave holds himself and Pivotal to the highest of standards when it comes to Quality and Inventory Management.
- Dave has an extensive background focused in the transceiver space for a wide variety of industries including enterprise channels, large-scale providers, Telcos, data centers and many more.
- His understanding of networks in a wide variety of industries has allowed him to understand the ins and outs of Pivotal’s product lines to ensure customer success. His product knowledge and customer focused mindset has helped grow a deep and loyal customer base.
- Dave’s past roles range from program management in implementing a new go to market strategy for optical transceivers as well as managing large complex accounts.
When Dave is not spending time traveling for work, he enjoys spending time with family and friends, golfing and coaching wrestling.
Rob Morrissey – Senior Operations Lead
As senior operations lead, Rob is responsible for the development and maintenance of operational protocols and strategies. He works in cooperation with engineering, sales and finance to ensure quality of production, inventory control and fulfillment requirements that will meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Rob provides support to his team including procedures of inventory control, operational scheduling, logistics and analytical forecasting, and shipping and receiving.
- He focuses on areas of inefficiencies and routinely works on improvements including database management, technical projects and website development.
- Rob has extensive experience working in telecommunications. Before joining Pivotal, he worked as a lead technician at another fiber optic company. This experience equipped Rob with a range of skills including product testing and escalation procedures, operational processes, inventory management, shipping standards, and leadership ability.
When Rob isn’t improving his knowledge of fiber optics and networking, he enjoys spending time with his friends and family, golfing at local courses, or hiking in Lake George, NY.