This position is mainly responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key national accounts.
The National Account Manager will facilitate communication with customers and build long-term relationships to achieve business goals.
This position will grow business by identifying prospects, nurturing leads, uncovering opportunities, and developing and executing sales strategies that result in achieving quota and supporting company sales initiatives. The successful salesperson will generate leads, qualify prospects, manage sales of products and services and drive new revenue.
This position may also supervise and support regional managers to increase sales and profitability.
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing clients
- Identifies and locates new clients through a variety of methods including networking and cold calls
- Develops and implements strategies for sales in an assigned region or industry
- Network with key customers to identify and address specific needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to ensure long-term success.
- Act as the liaison between customers and internal teams ensuring clients’ requirements are met
- Identify and attract prospective strategic customers
- Ensure brand consistency
- Applies knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the needs of clients.
- Provides information, quotes, credit terms, and other bid specifications to clients.
- Negotiate contracts, prices, terms of sales, and/or service agreements; prepares contracts and submits orders
- Collaborates with purchasing departments, managers, and other staff to confirm that orders are processed with accuracy and efficiency and that products are distributed properly
- Periodically prepares and reports results, status of accounts, and leads to manager
- Collect and analyze sales data and trends
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of technical products to be sold
- Organized with attention to detail
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Hands on experience with CRM software
- Availability to travel as needed
Education and Experience:
- Proven work experience as a National account manager
- Solid experience in sales and customer service
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting clients requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Biology, Engineering, or related field required
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel to meet with clients or potential clients will be required on occasion.